ANN ARBOR – AOL Founder Steve Case is coming back to Michigan for his Rise of the Rest with Steve Case showcase. The event series aims to spur investments and awareness of talented tech startups in cities outside of
The event is open for RSVP, taking place in Ann Arbor at the Michigan Theater. There will be a fireside chat at 3pm with Steve Case, followed by the pitch competition and a happy hour. All events are free for the public.
Meet the eight startups competing for $100K below:
- SkySpecs – Danny Ellis, CEO: automates predictive maintenance of energy infrastructure with drones.
- Sahi Cosmetics – LLC Sheleen “Shelly” Sahi, founder and CEO: Provides custom makeup for women of ethnic skin tones, specifically medium skin tones.
- Pitstop – Shiva Bhardwaj, CEO: Predicts vehicle failures before they happen.
- Genomenon Inc. – Mike Klein, CEO: Interpretation software for diagnosing and treating cancer.
- Inmatech Inc. – Les Alexander, CEO: Inmatech commercializes novel high-performance supercapacitors for energy storage systems.
- Warmilu – Grace Hsia, CEO – Warmilu provides nonelectric warmth to those who need it most.
- SurClean Inc. – Susan Sprentall, founder, president and CEO – SurClean laser surface prep removes paint, replacing old traditional methods.
- Civionics Inc. – Gerry Roston, CEO – Civionics improves manufacturers’ profitability by reducing downtime.