DETROIT – Registration is open for TechTown’s Retail Boot Camp that supports businesses from pop-up stage to permanent location to help entrepreneurs thrive in today’s retail environment.
Retail Boot Camp has gained a reputation for supporting the launch of successful businesses in neighborhood commercial districts, including House of Pure Vin, Mama Coo’s Boutique, Third Wave Music, Plum Health, Voluptuous Bien’Aime Boutique, Urbanum, Rebel Cycle Studio, Mongers’ Provisions, and previous Hatch Detroit winners Live Cycle Delight and Toma Detroit.
Retail Boot Camp covers
- Developing quality retail operations and routines
- Designing impactful visual merchandising
- Selling through customer service
- Selecting a point-of-sale system
- Understanding your pricing and inventory mix
- Identifying startup costs and funding sources
- Selecting a permanent location based on market data
- Navigating brick-and-mortar regulations with legal guidance
- Utilizing an architect for the design-build process
How it works
- Ten weeks of in-person sessions facilitated by business development and retail experts
- At the final showcase event, participants have the opportunity to pitch for up to $5,000 in technical assistance
- All graduates receive post-graduation coaching from the TechTown team for six months
Who is eligible
Participants must have evidence of previous retail activity (pop-up or e-commerce transactions, trunk shows, job experience) and must intend to locate their business in Detroit within 12 months of graduation.
Spring 2019: March 12-May 14. Every Tuesday, 5-8pm at TechTown.
Attend an Info Session
Want to learn more about Retail Boot Camp? Register below for one of our info sessions here at TechTown
To register, click on https://techtowndetroit.submittable.com/submit/130606/2019-techtown-retail-boot-camp-application-spring?utm_source=First%20RBC%20Eblast&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019%20RBC%20Spring%20Cohort%201